The TelepracticeCommunity.com (TCC) Online BootCamp
The goal of this course is to provide participants with a live, online, hands-on learning experience. The course offers the opportunity to interact with an expert, highly experience telepractice instructor and peers. TCC instructors have helped more than1,400 SLPs, rehabilitation professionals and organizations gain competency and knowledge in providing services at a distance. A few of the organizations trained include: Easter Seal of Toronto; CORSPAN; International Oral Myology Association; numerous state and national conventions; and six graduate SLP programs to name a few. The course is limited to 12 participants to maximize the learning and hands-on experience.
DATES: OCTOBER 6, 2018 11:00 am-1:30 pm EDT
NOVEMBER 7, 2018 7:30-10:00 pm EDT
INSTRUCTOR: Bill Connors
- Full PowerPoint Handout with Resources
- Competency List
- Certificate of Participation
WHERE: Online using Webex and BlinkSession.com
At the end of this 2.5 hour course, the participant with be able to:
1. schedule, start, conduct, and save notes for a telepractice session with the client at a distance using both the Webex and BlinkSession platforms.
2. utilize a whiteboard, screen-sharing, chat, and other tele-tools.
3. identify key, up-to-date professional, legal and ethical issue related to telepractice.
4. identify marketing, business, financial and promotional concerns for the tele-practitioner.
5. identify peer and community support/resources for telepractice endeavors.
6. identify which features of a video platform best satisfy his/her personal and/or organizational needs.
QUESTIONS: 724.831.8353 or http://www.telepracticecommunity.com
While this continuing education program does not offer formal ASHA CEU recognition, the great majority of participants have used them for maintenance CEU credits for their state and national requirements.